I hope you all had an awesome Halloween last week!
I know I did.
But while some of you were dressing up as sexy coffee tables or one of these
Nothing says “sexy” to a man like Hulk Hogan complete with mustache
I was busy looking through Resumes.
I am always surprised when I go through them. It is shocking to me how people, even smart people, do not know how to properly write a resume.
Here are some pointers if you are wanting a job as a Bridal Consultant, or any job.
1. Look, I’m not looking for MBA quality resumes, just proper spelling and use of capitalization.
For example, here is a cover letter I received (not the exact one, I’m not that rude)
“i saw your add and i really want to work there here is my resume please call my cell phone if you need to ask me a question”
Did she think she was texting me?
Even then, it was a horrible text!
2. DO NOT tell me that Say Yes To The Dress is your favorite show and that you have always wanted to make Brides feel like Princesses.
When you say this to me, this is all I see
A girl that just wants to bounce around from Bride to Bride telling her she is pretty.
That is not what we are looking for.
3. At the Interview, don’t show up late and don’t show up in jeans
4. Even better, when you come in and ask if we are hiring, don’t come in wearing pajama pants (you think I’m kidding?).
5. If you can’t work Saturdays, you can’t work in the Bridal Industry. Sad, but true.
Are there any competent people out there?
Parents, Friends, Family Members! Help your loved ones when they are trying to get a job. Mock interview them. Tell them what outfit looks good for the interview. Look over their Resume.
I always say that there are two kind of bad people 1. People who do bad things and 2. People who watch bad things happen and don’t do anything about it.
Don’t be a number 2. Don’t stand by and watch your loved one fail in the job category.
Happy Election Day everybody! Vote!