At most Bridal Shops you have to special order your gown.
Go back to my post entitled “Would You Care For A Sample” and it will explain it to you. (I’m feeling a little lazy tonight)
I’ll wait for you…
So, in this post I’m going to list the pros and cons of special ordering your gown and buying one off the rack.
Did I mention that I’m feeling a little lazy tonight?
Because of this, I’m resorting to making lists. I’m sure I will expand on each of them at a later date.
Pros of special ordering your wedding gown:
1. It is YOURS! No one else has tried that bad boy on. You are the only person that has worn that gown.
2. It is in PERFECT condition.
3. Most designers will let you make changes on the gown at the time of ordering. You can change the color, length of the train, the neckline, the hemline. Must I go on? You name it, they can do it.
4. You don’t have to store your dress.
5. You can get it in your size so that alterations are minimal.
let’s move to the cons of special ordering your wedding gown:
1. In most cases, you have to wait up to five months to get your gown in.
2. And what happens if you wait that long and then your gown comes in wrong? (I can honestly tell you that this has never happened to me in all my years of special orders. This is the reason why you need to order your gown from a legit store. Don’t go somewhere shady just to save a buck. NOT WORTH IT!)
3. I’ll be honest, I’m sure there is a tinge of anxiety when you hand over the money and trust that this person who is taking it is going to deliver the goods. (See parenthesis in #2)
4. Not being able to take the dress home rich then and there.
I’m fading fast.
Please don’t hate me.
I will be back tomorrow, bright eyed and bushy tailed.
At that time I will tell you the pros and cons of buying a dress of the rack and wrap it all up.
Thanks for your understazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz